Maximize the earning potential for your business accounts
For any business or organization in Illinois, Wisconsin, Florida and beyond, it's a constant balancing act. You need a big enough checking balance to cover daily operating expenses, but not so big that you're losing the opportunity to put the excess funds to better use. Utilize our sweep services to automatically transfer excess funds into other bank accounts for investment, minimize the interest you pay, and provide worry-free account management.
Companies looking to increase investment income can have excess balances transferred from their business checking account to one that offers investment options. However, money is readily available to move back to checking if needed to cover your expenses.
- An efficient use of funds. Excess cash is automatically invested and earns a competitive yield.
- Increased liquidity. Your funds are available overnight.
- Diversification of investments. Multiple fund choices are available.
First American Bank can help improve your cash flow and reduce interest expenses by automatically transferring funds between a business checking account and a business line of credit.
- One-Way Sweep: Transfers money from the credit line to the checking account when your checking balance drops below a predetermined level. This helps prevent overdrafts while maintaining whatever checking cushion you prefer.
- Two-Way Sweep: In addition to transferring money as needed into your checking account, this sweep also transfers excess funds out of that account and uses it to pay down any outstanding principal on your line of credit.
ZBAs work with general operating accounts to improve cash-flow efficiency. Most often, businesses create multiple ZBA subsidiary accounts to handle various payment types, ranging from payroll to health care to vendor costs. All funds remain in the general account until a specific payment is required. At that point, First American Bank moves only that exact amount to the ZBA. After the payment is made, the balance returns to zero.
- Eliminates time spent on manually funding subsidiary accounts
- Eliminates the need to track balance levels and sub-account funding requirements
- Because most funds remain in a central account, more money is available for investment
- Reduces risk of overdrafts from central operating account
- Permits easy tracking of expenses and fund transfers
*You will receive a prospectus. Please read it carefully before investing or sending money. Funds in the mutual fund portion of the account are Not FDIC Insured, Not Bank Guaranteed and May Lose Value. Although the Funds seek to preserve the value of your investment at $1.00 per share, it is possible to lose money by investing in the Fund.