Debit Card Security
Debit Card Fraud Monitoring
Enjoy peace of mind and enhanced security for your accounts through our debit card fraud monitoring service. This service monitors debit card transactions 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for suspicious activity. If any debit card transaction is considered out of the norm or suspicious, the automated service will contact you via text, phone call or email to assist in verifying the transaction.
As a First American Bank debit cardholder, you are automatically enrolled to receive these alerts so you can quickly detect and help stop fraudulent use of your debit card.
Here’s How It Works
If potential fraud is detected, we will send you an alert. Simply let us know whether or not the transaction on your debit card was authorized by you.
With text alerts, respond YES if the transaction is authorized or NO if it is not. These alerts will come from short code 22573. Here is an example of what the text alerts will look like:
If you miss our text, you’ll receive an automated phone call from (800) 537-0496 or we’ll send you an email. Follow the instructions to verify the transaction(s) on your debit card.
If you confirm fraud, your debit card will be blocked to protect your account and you'll receive a phone call from our automated system during normal business hours.
As a reminder, First American Bank will NEVER ask for your account number, card number or PIN.
Your Contact Information
Contacting you is vital in preventing debit card fraud. Please be sure to keep us informed when your contact information changes, including your cell phone and email.
Debit Card Fraud Monitoring Notifications & FAQs
- Text short code: 22573
- Text alerts are sent 24/7 at the time potential fraud is detected.
- 24/7 Automated Service Phone Number: 1-800-537-0496
- Phone calls are only generated between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. CT.
- Emails are sent at the time potential fraud is detected.
For additional details, read a few commonly asked questions by clicking “More FAQs” below.
- Text alerts from short code 22573 will read similar to the language below:
- First American Bank Fraud Dept: Possible unauthorized transaction on card ending in xxx: $xxx.xx processed by MERCHANT NAME on DATE. If authorized reply YES, otherwise reply NO. Reply STOP to cancel, HELP for help. 800-537-0496
- If you receive an automated phone call, the recorded voice will identify as being on behalf of the First American Bank Fraud Prevention Department.
- If you receive an email, it will be from DoNotReply@FirstAmBank.com. top
Mastercard SecureCode is a simple, more secure way to protect your First American debit card from unauthorized use when you shop online. Every time you pay online at a participating merchant, you will automatically be prompted to enter your own private SecureCode - just like entering a PIN at the ATM. To find out where you can use your SecureCode, view the list of participating online merchants.
Mastercard SecureCode is safe and easy and there is no charge to enroll. The first time you shop online with a participating merchant, you will be prompted to enroll. Thereafter, you only need to enter your secret information and you can start shopping.
Frequently Asked Questions about Mastercard SecureCode.
Mastercard® and Mastercard® SecureCode™ are registered trademarks of Mastercard® International.