Who needs the hassle and embarrassment of a returned check, not to mention the expense of an overdraft fee and the inconvenience of denied ATM access. First American Bank offers three easy solutions to protect your checking account against overdrafts – Account Link, RediReserve and CheckCredit.
- Save yourself from costly overdrafts.
- If you overdraw your checking account, funds will be automatically transferred from another checking, savings or money market account to cover the amount of the overdraft.
- Funds will be transferred in multiples of $1.00.
- The fee for each transfer is only $10.00 per occurrence, significantly less expensive than an overdraft fee.
RediReserve is a pre-approved line of credit of $500.
- Protects you from overdrawing your account.
- Funds will be added to your account for the exact dollar amount of the overdraft each night up to a maximum of $500.
- There is a nominal $5.00 monthly fee to keep the protection in place.
- You don't have to remember to make a payment - First American will pay off any balance plus interest and fees with your next deposit.
- 21.9% APR.
CheckCredit is a pre-approved line of credit that is available to you when you need it.
- Just write a check, use your debit card or make an ATM withdrawal for an amount that is more than your balance.
- Funds will be added to your checking account in multiples of $100.
- Pay back your line of credit whenever you wish or a payment will be automatically deducted out of your checking account on your statement date (equal to the greater of 5% of the balance or $50).
- Low annual fee of $35.
- 19.9% APR.
RediReserve and CheckCredit subject to credit approval. Whether your overdrafts will be paid is discretionary and we reserve the right not to pay. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing, or you are not making regular deposits, or you have too many overdrafts. We reserve the right to require you to pay an overdraft immediately or on demand. Under our standard overdraft practices: (a) we will charge you a fee up to $39.50 each time we pay an overdraft, whether create by check, in-person withdrawal, ATM withdrawal, or other electronic means; (b) if your account is overdrawn for 2 or more consecutive days, we will charge an additional fee of $5 per day starting on the third day.