Our experts can help guide you through a complex process
For over 20 years, First American Bank has provided financing to companies that are creating, or have established, Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs). We also have the expertise to guide businesses through the complex process, from the initial transaction until long after the last share is released.
- Experience: In addition to providing loans, First American has been represented on the ESOP Association’s finance committee for over 20 years. This puts us on the front end of new lending trends and regulations, assuring you of the best loan structure for your business.
- Knowledge: Our experience ensures that we can help you take advantage of tax benefits, avoid pitfalls, and make the process run smoothly from beginning to end.
- National Reach: Although we're headquartered in Chicago, our ESOP clients are located throughout the nation. Our comprehensive offerings allow us to service our out-of-state clients like they were next door.
- Flexibility: First American Bank’s owner-management structure empowers us to make decisions quickly and also allows us the flexibility to tailor an ESOP loan to your cash-flow needs.
- Middle-Market Focused: First American is well-positioned to finance ESOPs for middle-market businesses at any point in the process, from initial funding to final stages. We have the flexibility to finance transactions between $2 million and $30 million.
- Contacts: We have extensive contacts within the ESOP community and are a member of both the ESOP Association and National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO). This means we can put together a team of specialists with a thorough understanding of all legal and financial aspects of the process.