A better banking experience is only a few steps awayOur goal is to offer great financial services and to make your life easier. That's why we've created a simple guide that will make your transition to First American Bank as smooth as possible.
- We're ready to help you open your new account.
- Choose the account that's right for you.
- Open your new account online or visit one of our branches and open your account in person.
- If you apply online, we'll process your request right away and provide further instruction.
- Transfer your direct deposit from your former bank to your new First American Bank account. Fill out the Direct Deposit Form, sign it and mail it to your employer.
- Enroll in Online Banking and Mobile Banking.
- When direct deposit into your new account begins, we can take care of automatic payments you may need to transfer.
- Review your most recent statement at your former bank and determine all automatic payments and credits that need to be transferred to your First American Bank account.
- When the automatic payments and credits have cleared your account, it's time to close your old account.
- Deposit the remaining balance from your old account to your new First American Bank account.
- Complete the Account Closing Letter, print it, sign it and send it to your former bank.
- Make sure you keep your old account open until the automatic payments and direct deposit/credits have cleared your new account. This process may take up to 60 days.
- Enjoy your new First American Bank account. Let us know what we can do to improve your experience.
- If you have any questions or would like to speak with a First American Bank representative, call (847) 952-3700 and we'll help you get started.
Common List of Payees
- Car payments
- Mortgage payments
- Home equity loan payments
- Health club payments
- Insurance payments
The routing number for Health and Benefits Accounts (HSA, FSA, HRA, QTA) is 067015928.