Enjoy a smoother closing by gathering your paperwork before you apply
Here is a list of documents you and your co-borrowers may need in order to complete your mortgage application. Additional documents may also be needed later in the process.
Pay Stub(s): Your most recent one month
- Your pay stub(s) cannot be more than one month old at the time you submit your application.
|If you get paid||You need to send|
|Every week||Your last five pay stubs|
|Every two weeks||Your last three pay stubs|
|Monthly||Your last pay stub|
Form W-2: Your most recent two years from your employer
- Your W-2 is given to you every year by your employer so you can do your taxes.
- A copy of your W-2 should be attached to your tax return, so you should be able to find it there.
- If you filed electronically, you or your tax preparer should have a copy of your W-2.
Federal Income Tax Returns: Your most recent two years
- Don’t forget to include all pages and schedules. We don’t need copies of your state returns.
- If you filed electronically, you can print a copy from your tax software or ask your tax preparer.
- If you are self-employed or get paid any commissions, your most recent two years of tax returns will need to be signed.
- If you own a business, we will also need the most recent two years of business returns filed for your company (e.g. 1120, 1120S, Schedule K-1 / 1065).
Bank and Investment Statements: Your most recent three months
- Be sure to copy all pages of your statements (front and back). If you don’t receive paper statements, please print your entire online statement.
- Don’t forget to include all of your accounts (checking, savings and investments). Your accounts must show that you have enough money to afford your down payment and several mortgage payments.
- You may need to provide a detailed letter to explain any large deposits or withdrawals.
Home Purchase Contract: Signed by you and the seller
- This indicates that you have found a new home and are ready to move forward with your application.
Subject to credit approval. Standard rates apply. Special Offer: 1$500 off your closing costs valid on first mortgage applications (including prequalifications) received between 8/1/23-10/3/23. Loan must close by 12/30/23. Only available on 1-4 family home. Only applies to Conventional, Jumbo, FHA, USDA, or VA loans. Not available for collateral properties located in Texas, New York, Alaska, or Hawaii. Prior to closing you must set up an Automatic Funds Transfer (AFT) or Automatic Clearing House (ACH) to make the monthly payment on your loan, and within the first statement cycle you must elect electronic statements (requirement only applies to Conventional and Jumbo loans). Closing costs include only those fees and charges required by First American Bank as a condition of obtaining a loan. Title fees, as part of the closing costs, will vary by county. May not be combined with other promotions. Please see a banker for details.