An ordinary effort earns you an exceptional interest rate
During our daily lives, most of us write checks, make online bill payments and pay for purchases with debit cards. If you make 15 of those types of transactions a month, First American Bank will pay you a healthy return on your checking balance and even refund your monthly fee.
- Earn 0.15% APY on balances up to $15,000
- Earn between 0.15% and 0.03% on balances over $15,000
(Example: 0.12% APY will be paid on $20,000)
- Qualifying transactions include check payments, online bill payments, ACH debits, outgoing wire transfers and payments made with a First American Bank-issued Mastercard® debit card
- Earn our base interest rate2 even if you don't complete enough qualifying transactions
- Free Online and Mobile Banking
- Free Mastercard debit card
- Unlimited check writing
- Access to over 55,000 surcharge-free partner ATMs3. Find an ATM near you.
- Overdraft protection options available
First American Bank is a full-service bank with locations in Illinois, Wisconsin and Florida.
1 A $4.95 monthly fee applies if requirement is not met. To receive the Rewards Annual Percentage Yield (APY) and refund of the monthly fee, the following must occur: Perform 15 qualifying payments during the monthly statement cycle. Qualifying Payments include Checks, online Bill Payments, ACH Debits, outgoing Wire Transfers and payments made with your First American Bank issued Mastercard debit card and must post and appear on your account statement.
As of 12/16/20, 0.25% APY applies to balances up to $15,000: 0.15% to 0.03% APY on balances over $15,000.00. Example: 0.12% APY will be paid on $20,000.
2 0.03% APY applies to all balances if monthly requirement is not met.
Rates may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. First American Bank reserves the right to close any account. Limit one account per household. Individual, joint and living trust accounts only. Terms and conditions are subject to change. Please view disclosure or speak to a banker for complete details.
3 Look for the Allpoint and Presto! logos to ensure your transaction will be surcharge-free.
The routing number for Health and Benefits Accounts (HSA, FSA, HRA, QTA) is 067015928.